Saturday 25 April 2009

Upswing? Or solid play?

Hello!

I've manage to build up to 280$, with what I think was solid play. Yesterday something funny happened.

I was in a table with a player that way overvalued his hands and I was harassing him for a while - managed to get half a buyin from him when everyone else left and the table was, at the time being, HU.

I know I suck at HU play. I'm fairly average/bad (before I was only bad) on cash game but I really suck at HU - nevertheless he was really bad and loved loved loved to chase me around with weaker pairs, bottom pairs, gutshots, the works.

I thought I could give it a go. That didn't work too well and I was down 15$ for the day - the last days I managed to end up the day up, even if just for a few bucks.

Felt a little frustated but I've quitted the tables nevertheless - lost a stack to runner runner straight with TPTK.

Next day I was able to recover all of it and profit more or less 2bis so I'm standing now at 280$ on the poker room, where my main goal is, before end of the month, to put this at 500$ or more, making, once more, the 1000$ bankroll I had starting April.

As far as I'm concern, I'm happy this thing happened - I found out I was making LOADS of errors and bad moves and now, despite the fact I'm still down for the month, I feel I've increased the quality of my game.

Fear me, NL20.

All this rollercoaster with my roll will, at least, give a sweet graph!

No comments:

Post a Comment